Here’s the clever-ish me in a Harper Index:
- Florida: the 27th state in the Union and the state in which I was born
- 2003: the year I graduated from Boston College
- Degrees in Fahrenheit the day we moved back to Florida: 95
- Number one hit on Billboard the day I was born: 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
- Numbers of brothers I have: 3
- Numbers of sisters I have: 0
- Years of age before I got my own bathroom: 14
- Variations of the name Margaret
to which I will respond: 9
Here is the official, more boring me. I love how it’s all in third person. Like someone else actually sat down to write this about me:
Margaret Cardillo is a Florida native. She graduated from Boston College cum laude. She then moved to New York City, where she became Associate Editor at Hyperion Books for Children and was named Employee of the Year. Upon receiving the Michener Fellowship at the University of Miami MFA program in Creative Writing, she returned to Florida. She was named Teacher’s Assistant of the year in 2009. Her children’s book, JUST BEING AUDREY, a biography of Audrey Hepburn for children, will be published by HarperCollins in January 2011. She was named the runner-up for the Kore Press Fiction Award for her short story “Hysterical.” Her other writing has been published by the Sun Sentinel, therumpus.net and Mangrove.
She currently holds an assistantship at the University of Miami’s Masters in Screenwriting where she is at work on her first screenplay.